Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

The Basics...

I will try to list what is needed for each page but there are some basics that make creating a quiet book possible.

Felt

A big pack with a variety of colours is best. I bought this box from Amazon (although it was £6.99 when I bought it) and I found the quality quite good. You need a nice quality felt to make a quiet book in order to be substantial enough and withstand the stitching and glueing.

Velcro

There are various pages in Lily's book that use velcro. I bought these dots from Amazon. At 13mm I think they are a good size for quiet book activities.
They did stick together very securely though, so I trimmed off some of the hooks to make them easier to pull off the loop side.

Eyelets

I will dedicate a separate post on how I bound Lily's book, but used these eyelets again from Amazon (can you tell I have Amazon Prime?!?!?!). For the pages I wanted to use eyelets that had backs to them, as I think they looked better and also there are no sharp edges to them.

Hot Glue Gun

I bought one and replacement glue sticks very cheaply from eBay. The pack of felt said that you can use PVA glue...you can't!! It doesn't work!

Embroidery Thread

I bought this pack of 20 different colours of threads from ebay for £1.95 delivered. The set had every colour I needed and more. 

Small Ziploc Bags

Ok this one may seem odd, but as I was working on different pages, I would use a separate ziploc bag for each page and put all the bits for that page into the bag. That way my pieces and pages didn't get muddled.

Scissors
Needles
Pins

Everything I bought has plenty left over for new projects :-D :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment